Friday 25 February 2011

Lovely Left Overs

Take a wee look and see what I've been up to at my class -


Left-overs looking lovely!

Lining prepared with a little inner pocket added

It's not quite finished but it's getting there.  The 9 patches that make up the body of the bag are made from left-overs of old curtain weight fabrics I used for cushion backing and recovering my dining chairs some time ago.  Added to a little bit of aubergine corduroy to give the bag some durability and some bargain tub polyester satin lining it's starting to look good.


There has been something unexpectedly pleasurable in using up left-over scraps to create something new and ready to be loved.   Hats off to those of you who recycle scraps all the time because it really does require some new skill levels working with varying materials. I have to admit that while I loved the individual fabrics I used I could have lived without all that fraying and stretching!  Still a new approach for me, and worth a little huffing and puffing and millions of fraying threads, don't you think?

Hoping to finish off and put my bag to good use at the end of next week's class.  Hopefully I'll get a better picture when it's all put together and the handles are added.  Now all I need is hubby to book a little night away so I can pack it up and show it off! (Okay ...  so I might just have to make do with filling it full of materials for the next project and using it as a class carry-all, but a girl can wish, can't she?!)

2 comments:

  1. Now I reckon a romantic night away with hubby is just what the quilting doctor would order, especially for persevering with fractious fabric! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! Just to let you know you've been tagged on my blog! Not exactly sure what it means, but read the post on Blue Patch Quilter for more info. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...