Sunday 27 February 2011

Ta da! Quilt no 3 complete!

Well, here it is folks - quilt no 3 all done and dusted (and ahead of schedule).

Quillow unfolded as a quilt.


All neatly folded up as the Quillow


I did so love the Denyse Schmidt fabrics - they were gorgeous to work with and so calming.  I know that this particular pattern doesn't showcase some of the larger designs of the Greenfield Hills range in the same way as another type of piecing might have but I like how the quite traditional look of the fabrics has been altered by the chopping and re-arranging of the disappearing 9-patch.  Still finding it hard to think that I will have to part with this quillow (it does have a cushion pocket sewn into the back) at Easter because I love the colours so much, but hopefully so will the recipient.

Close up of Greenfield Hills fabrics

 I love the effect of this Ramble fabric -
looks almost free-machine quilted!


Now I'm off to tend to my poor perforated fingertips - is there such a thing as an all over hand thimble?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is stunning! You know you've made a true gift when it's so hard to give it away - your heart and soul is in it. Well done, be v.proud. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...