Sunday 2 October 2011

Hive of Activity

Sorry about the pun, but if you'd been at my house yesterday afternoon when the Bees descended upon it you'd know that I really couldn't title this post anything else.

It was our second meeting of the Bee Blessed group and it was time to get busy laying out and piecing all those wonderful wonky star blocks into quilt tops for those who could use a little blessing and thoughtfulness in their lives.

I wish I had had the foresight to take a snap when the Bees were busy laying out blocks all over my living room floor - it was like patchwork carpeting!  Here's what my room looks like



now imagine the sofa on the right pushed all the way back and that entire space covered in wonky stars!  Why didn't I think to lift the camera?

 My normally spacious kitchen/dining area



swarmed with Bees and was transformed into this -





It became the hub of industry as these wonder women, stitched, ironed, trimmed and laughed their way through a few hours to quilt Susan's beautiful quilt top



piece a blue boy quilt

sorry about the blurry pic


a pink girl quilt



and a blue mix/girl print quilt



Judith and I can't thank the ladies enough for all their hard work yesterday, nor our blog friends for your generous block contributions - you're all amazing!  Thanks so much!

Next time we hope to get them finished and make a start on something new.  Those of you interested in the next blocks should keep a wee eye to the flickr group or Judith's blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! LOVE what you folks created! What a hive of activity. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...