Sunday 25 March 2012

I'm IT!

I've been tagged by blogging friends in the last week or so, not once but TWICE!  Prepare for Q&A marathon...

Firstly, the lovely Di over at Willowbeck Designs has asked the following questions:

What is your favourite time of day, and why?
At weekends my favourite time is the morning, but during the week I think it has to be that time late in the evening when the days tasks are done and my head can have five minutes of peace.


What has been the best holiday that you have ever had?
Em ... not sure I have a single favourite.  We have had some fantastic family holidays in Scotland and the LAke District doing things that are quite basic but having space and time to be together.  One of my holiday highlights though has to be the trip hubby and I took to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.  We spent 4 days in Rome together chilling, soaking up the historical surroundings, people watching over amazing coffee and occasionally indulging in the MOST FANTASTIC ice-cream I have ever tasted!







What constitutes a ‘perfect day’ for you?
My idea of a perfect days starts with relaxing breakfast with my family at our local coffee shop, followed by a walk in crisp morning sunshine.  In the afternoon there would time for some sewing, which would go swimmingly (not a seam ripper in sight).  Dinner somewhere nice with hubby would be a lovely end to the day.


Where do you sew? Do you have a dedicated room or space?
Last spring we re-arranged our guest bedroom (which hadn't been used by a guest in considerable time) to create a permanent space for my sewing.  I feel very blessed to have such a lovely space to spread out and create in. And thanks to Ikea it really didn't cost a lot to make the conversion.



Are you coming to the FQ retreat in June?
'Fraid not.


What is your favourite time of year?
I love crisp autumn days when it's chilly enough to wrap up well but not to freeze.


What is the best quilting tip that you have been given? (it can be a little one!)
I'll probably think of one later but I'm having a brain freeze now.  Recently though I have been introduced to spray basting and in spite of my initial reservations I have to be honest and say I will probably never pin baste a quilt again!  So my tip would be to try spray basting yourself (Well, not on yourself but on a quilt obviously).


What do you enjoy making the most? (Quilts, bags, pouches etc)
I love making quilts most, but it's nice to have variety in my sewing and bags, pouches and little things are nice projects to provide quicker finishes from time to time.


What other things do you do in your spare time?
I like to crochet and read and catch up with friends, but sadly there's just not enough spare time in my days!


Are you a ‘neat and tidy’ person or are you happier living with domesticated mess?
I am a neat freak by nature but with current hectic schedule I am having to learn to live with domestic mess - it's driving me CRAZY!




Di was also kind enough to nominate me for another Liebster Blog award.  Thank you so much Di!



Then, my good friend Judith wanted to know the answers to these:



1.       What is your favourite ice cream flavour/brand?
Haagen Dazs Cookies & Cream every time!

Proof - or perhaps evidence!


2.       What kind of stuff do you like to watch on telly?
Period dramas - I love a good literary adaptation.  It's the telly watching equivalent
to soaking in a great big bubble bath while sipping hot chocolate with
marshmallows!

3.       What are your favourite colour combos for fabric at the mo?
Not sure I have a particular one just now.  I see some lovely grey/aqua 
combinations around and I also love Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection in citrine
but these aren't exclusively my faves.

4   & 5. Who in your life do you most admire and why?
That would be my Hubs! He may not seem it to others but to me he's a sweetie.  He 
is hard-working, dependable and honourable.  That's to be admired in a society that
seems to encourage egocentricity.

6.       What inspired you to first start sewing/quilting?
Don't know exactly.  I've been stitching in one form or another since I was a nipper. 
My mum and my aunt were both knitters and I remember torturing them to teach 
me, and after that it just seemed that every time I came across someone who could
teach me any kind of needlework I absorbed what I could.  Having a sewing
machine was way out of my league until after I was married so machine patchwork
and quilting is a very late addition to my repertoire, greatly inspired and
encouraged by dear Judith herself!

7.       What part of your body do you like the most?
Are you serious?!  My eyes - eyes can't be fat can they?

8.       Give me an example of something you have made that you are really proud of?
This - 



okay, and this too - 

Not quite finished yet!

9.       Would you describe yourself as more of a patchworker or a quilter, or both?
I'd say patchworker because the quilting is the part I hate the most.

10.   What has been your favourite decade so far?
I think (or perhaps I hope) that my favourite decade is yet to be.

11.   What are you most looking forward to this year?
Hmmm ... summer holiday, I think.  Two weeks in the Lake District feeling well
enough to enjoy it this year!

Are you still with me?  Do you care?  Have you given up the will to live yet?

Anyway the rules now dictate that I should interrogate 11 more folks with 11 questions of my very own.  So here goes ... 

1.  What was the first music single you bought for yourself?  If you're a wee young thing, what was the first download you bought?
2.  If you could elect President of the World, who would get your vote?
3.  Which TV show would you outlaw?
4.  If you could visit one place you've never been to before, where would it be?
5.  What sewing or quilting pattern/design have you not tried that you would really love to?
6.  What is your idea of a perfect Saturday afternoon?
7.  At school what was your favourite subject?
8.  If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be of? (I know you may never in a million years choose to do this, but just for fun ...)
9.  Which piece of technology do you most fear/hate?
10. If you could put one item that you have made into a time capsule, which would it be (please show us a pic)?
11.  When I was little I wanted to change my name to Stephanie (it seemed more interesting and sophisticated somehow).  Have you ever wanted to change your name, and what to?

You're going have to forgive me if I break the rules of the game a little.  I noticed that almost everybody I know whom I could tag has just recently been tagged by someone else.  So I just have a few folks to offer the tag baton to on this occasion:

Linda @ Sew Nicely

Ladies, there's no obligation to play along, but if you'd like to we'd love to hear a little bit more about you!




4 comments:

  1. Hah! Judith got you too! It is nice to know more about you though. Rome is amazing, including the ice cream. I do like your sewing space, what a good idea to use a room that is rarely used (if you know what I mean!).
    Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely kid you made, and now I want to go to Rome for the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph, brill answers and questions! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those answers but think I love what you made the best. Can't beat a good boy/girl creation to make your world just right!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...