Friday 11 May 2012

Photo Finish

I love it when I unexpectedly find some time for stitching!  It did look as though this week would be another bleak stitchless week, but courtesy of staying up late, I have two quilt finishes to show you tonight.


Firstly, I have at long last finished my Kaleidoscope quilt from last summer's QAL with Don't Call Me Betsy.  In spite of resurrecting this quilt from the UFO pile a couple of weeks ago I did have visions of her returning there, but she is a UFO no more, not even a WIP, and I love her!


Look at the quilted crinkly loveliness!

Next up is a special Bee Blessed quilt that I stitched up at Easter from a charm pack and fabrics kindly donated to Bee Blessed.


Crazy life took over for a bit, and throw in a lost fabric order, and I didn't quite get around to finishing this one up.  Last night I took the bull by the horns though and decided to piece a back together because Bee have identified a young man as the recipient of this quilt and we would like to gift it to him sooner rather than later.

Pieced back.

Generally speaking, I have avoided piecing backings at all costs and this one is actually a first for me.  I think it looks quite well, but it is a doozie trying to keep everything straight both on the top and on the back.  That bit I didn't enjoy, but the rest of this quilt I have loved making and it's nice to know it's going to a good home.  Hopefully the recipient won't inspect it with a spirit level, and just enjoy the comfort it is intended to bring.

Quilting close up.

9 comments:

  1. Your late nights have paid dividends as you have a couple of beautiful finishes. Your Kaleidoscope quilt is stunning. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are absolutely beautiful but I have to say the blues have my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well first up, I LOVE the new look! And secondly, your Kaleidoscope quilt is stunning. So glad to see it up there in the header. Well done on piecing the back, aren't they awful to do! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great xx well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of those quilts, but especially the kaleidescope. Must do myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah.. Ur quilts are amazing! I'm sure whoever the bee blessed qullt is for they will love it and be cosy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to see that wonderful kaleidoscope all finished! And the other quilt is great, I like the back as much as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both, but your Kaleidoscope rocks with those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...