Friday 15 May 2015

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Blocks 4 & 5

I have finally cut all 48 of the blocks for the Moda Modern Building Blocks quilt and am enjoying picking up the packages and stitching one or two here and there as I have time.  I'm off to a good start but am definitely expecting a slow down after the next couple of weeks.  Still, that's why all the cutting has been prepared, right?

Today I will show you blocks 4 & 5 just to keep things chronological here (on IG you might have spotted that I'm not necessarily sewing them that way).

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Block 4
Block 4 is the only 24" square block in the quilt top and while it's not quite the giant that the first three blocks are, it is still a biggie!  I have a bit of a soft spot for this block although I'm not exactly sure why. Perhaps it's because it mixes more colours than most of the blocks in the quilt do, or perhaps I just like the mix I've chosen.  Whatever the reason, it's a good one and it came together nicely for me.


Moda Modern Building Blocks - Block 5
This green paisley print from Scrumptious is very striking against the dotty white background.  I love all the Scrumptious paisleys (green, white, red and orange) and kind of wish I'd stashed more of them than I originally did.  This 18" block is Block 5 and wasn't too difficult to stitch together.  When I was cutting for all of the blocks I noticed a bit of a trend that quite a few of the blocks in this quilt top will be built around an economy square base.  I guess I'm going to get lots of practice at them then!

Until next time ...

6 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...